Inle Lake – Thitein – Kalaw (Trekking – also possible from Kalaw to Inle Lake)
Recommend for people who are used to trekking and in good physical shape
Day 1. Inle Lake – Thandaung – Thitein Village (by boat and trekking)
Day 2. Thitein – Bawninkone – Kalaw (by trekking and car)
Day 1. After breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel and transferred to the western part of the Inle Lake called Thandaung Village where you may visit the 200 years old Pagoda and start your trekking trip. You will pass through a gorge before reaching Ngue and Kyauksu Pa-O villages. The region is known for large bamboo forests. Lunch will be served on the way.
This day you will walk around 7 hours.
Over night stay at Thitein Pa-O Monastery. A very basic dinner will be served.
Day 2. After a traditional breakfast at Thitein Monastery, continue your trekking trip. You will visit Pauk To and Tun Khong villages. Lunch will be served on the way and your trekking trip will end at Bawninkone village where your private car will pick you up and transfer you to Kalaw.
This day you will walk around 4 hours.
Dinner on your own account.
Hotel: Very basic village Monastery, no comfort at all!
Important remarks: The trekking is strenuous if one is not experienced. It is however no climb. The landscape is very attractive; you walk through areas that have not seen mass-tourism. We will transfer your main luggage by car to Kalaw, so you need to carry light luggage for the 2 days only. Please bring warm clothes as it might be very cold during the night (minimum temperature can be 3 degrees Celsius in January, during the day it is warm with intense sun)
Proper and clean bed sheets and mosquito nets (but during the cold season not really needed) are provided on request.
There is no electricity!
The trekking is most advisable during dry season (November to March) as the grounds become extremely slippery during the rainy season (June to October). The trip during the rainy season is actually very interesting due to the different colours of plants and flowers but only recommended for experienced trekkers.
All meals during the tour are included. Please expect simple but delicious home cooking style, prepared by your trekking guide.
The porter(s) will carry bottled drinking water and provisions.
Very basic overnight stay at a local Monastery is available to you; only providing mats on the floor and blankets to cover yourself. There is no comfort at all. Myanmar style “bathrooms” and “toilets” can be used. No hot shower available, please bring your own towels. The accommodation is not even at the level of a guesthouse.
- Very basic accommodation at village house or Monastery.
- Main luggage transfer from Inle Lake to Kalaw by car is included.
- English speaking local trekking guide and porters including all miscellaneous cost for the guide.
- Proper and clean bed sheets and mosquito nets provided on request.
- All meals, bottled drinking water & refreshing towels in normal quantities during the 2 days trekking until arrival to Kalaw.
- Transport (boat- and car transport as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Personal expenses such as beverages, laundry and souvenirs and tips.
- Meals after arriving to Kalaw.
- Porter for your trekking luggage (can be provided upon request).
- Entrance fees for Inle Lake and camera fees.
- Accommodation at departure and arrival points (as usually included in the main tour).
- If guests wish to alter the itinerary, extra charges may apply.
• Our itinerary is subject to change depending on short notice changes of walkways, decisions by local authorities which may make a modification of the program necessary.